The first step is always the hardest… you have to install the Untold Destiny mod pack first!
Now you’re loading in for the first time… forever and ever. Yeah, Minecraft wasn’t designed for optimization and efficiency. It takes seemingly forever to load that many mods, and requires a super computer to run a game that looks 15 years old! Well, that’s part of the charm of Minecraft.
Once you connect to the server, you’ll have to rejoin again. Why? Who knows. Force has tried to figure it out but can’t pinpoint the issue. If you can fix it, Force will give you access to any one (1) creative-only item in game.
The basic idea of survival Minecraft is the following:
- Get wood (ha, ha-no, seriously, punch a tree until it breaks)
- Make planks out of the wood (in your little 2×2 crafting grid in the inventory menu, default “E” key)
- Put planks in a 2×2 pattern in the grid to make a crafting table
- Make tools using your resources
- Make/find shelter
- Get a steady source of food
- Get better tools, better armor, and keep upgrading your shelter/base
Some people play to get seemingly infinite resources. Some people want to get god-like armor and weapons. Some people want to build gorgeous structures. Whatever you like, Minecraft has it. There are some quirks and idiosyncrasies about modded Minecraft, and about the Untold Destiny server. Here they are:
- Generating new “chunks” causes a ton of lag, especially if you’re moving quickly. It happens. If you’re exploring the far reaches of the world, just tell people. They’ll usually understand. If someone is fighting for their life and needs things lag-free, just take a minute and let them finish their fight if they need it.
- There are tens of thousands of recipes in the game. You can use the Just Enough Items (JEI) mod to show you the recipes. The little black box at the bottom-right of your inventory lets you type in an item name. Left-click it to see how to make it, or right-click it to see what it can make. Hint: want to see all of the items from a particular mod? Type in @modname in the box to see all of the recipes from that mod!
- Nearly everything has some sort of progression associated with it. If you are stuck, try looking at the in-game manual for that mod to see what you’re missing. You might need more power, or a machine, or some kind of sorcery unlock!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Each player has different interests and chances are that someone has been stuck in the same place before!
- Lag happens. It’ll hit you at the worst time, and you will die. A gravestone will be formed near where you died, and it will contain all of your stuff. If something bugs out, let Force know.
- Waystones are really useful! Right-click them to create a permanent teleport point. Access the Waystones menu by clicking on the little scroll at the bottom of your portrait to teleport places.