How to install shaders:
- You need to have Optifine enabled
- Find a shader pack that you like
- Follow the instructions for downloading the shader pack of your choice
- Create a New Folder in your Minecraft directory called “shaderpacks” (just like that-no caps, no spaces)
- Copy the shaderpack ZIP file into that directory (no need to unzip it)
- Run Minecraft, go into Options -> Video -> Shaders and enable the pack.
- Enjoy the shaders
*Note – I don’t support shaders, especially since they can put a lot of stress on older computers. If you choose to try them out, do so at your own risk.
How to disable Optifine:
Tried it and don’t like it? The easiest way is to disable the mod.
- Go to the MultiMC client
- Select the Minecraft instance
- Click “Edit Instance”
- Go to “Loader Mods”
- Find Optifine in the list and uncheck it to disable